Saturday, June 18, 2005

Revenge of the Formatter

Well after another month and a half, I have received yet another rejection letter from the formatting gods. (New iustificare readers can follow the ongoing saga here, here, here, and here.)

Dear Gerald,

I have reviewed the portions of your thesis which you submitted to me. You have done some of the things right regarding format and style that were noted last time and I'm sure you will make the many changes needed for this to be acceptable.
Note the use of "some" and "many" regarding what I did right and what I did wrong. I sense a spirit of vindictiveness here, but that may just be because I am looking at this whole thing through jaded lenses.

Not only has he not approved some of the correction attempts that I made, he actually found mistakes he missed the first time. How thoughtful of him. Can you imagine how embarrassed I would have been if someone were to read my thesis and observe how I forgot to leave a space between the period and the "I" in J. I. Packer? That's right folks. The correct way to write the aforementioned theologian's name is "J. I. Packer," not "J.I. Packer." Boy would my face have been red.

Does this guy hate me or something? This is getting ridiculous.

No comments: