Saturday, January 07, 2006

New Year--New Iustificare: A Modification

After much consideration, I will now make a modification to my previous resolution. My goal for the next year is not to drop my former style, but rather to supplement it with shorter, pithier posts (some academic, some not). The real thing I'm going for here is not to move away from scholastic subjects, but rather to work on being more succinct and to the point. Though sometimes a lengthy entry is necessary to get to the heart of a subject, there is something to be said for taking a topic, stripping it down to its bare essentials, and laying it out there. It's something I could use a little practice on.

So there you have it. Mourn not for the old iustificare, for just as the second Adam contains the perfection of the first—yet is greater still, the new iustificare subsumes the old and endows it with even greater fullness.

5 comments:

ryan said...

Oh dear, that last sentence is a riot... (I'm a friend of Jacob G.)

Gerald said...

See there, the new format is bearing fruit already.

Friend of Jacob, huh? I guess someone had to. Bear your cross in the knowledge that God knows your deeds and will not forget your suffering.

the forester said...

Cool. Glad to see this shift. Looking forward to what you churn out ...

"Jacob G." said...

hey i may not log on here very much these days but that doesn't mean just anyone "friend" or not can just write comments and beg responses of suffering for knowing me!!
All my love,
Jacob G.

"Jacob G." said...

oh yeah, and i have enjoyed catching up with the blog too. stay well, umfundisi.